Author Profile | Edit
china re-started its space program in the early 1990s!
and Yes, space tech is much more complicated especially the manned mission!
[even with russian's help, it took china +10 yrs to do its First
manned mission in 2003!],
and china then decided to buy the CORE tech from the russians.
of course, china could have done all by itself [but perhaps it would
have succeeded not in 2003, but +5 yrs later?], but who knows
they decided otherwise.
the diff with hs railway tech, china could have done it all by itself!
[it already had the CORE tech homegrown by China Star!],
but the top ppl have different philosophy, u can be either right or
wrong on either camp, im on a different camp. to me: if i were the
chief engineer, i could have done it all within 3 yrs from the CORE
of chian star! by doing these:
- get proper funding from the gov [why pay for zillions dollars to
foreign companies when u could use the money to pay to ur own ppl
and generate ur own NEw tech!]
- assemble a high number of qualified engineers/scientists from
both academic and industries and CAS/CAE.
- make it an urgent matter, have 2 shifts for r&d [day shift and
afternoon shift, including extensive tests], and 3 shifts for the hardware manufacturing,
including midnight shift for machining etc etc.
- install a general to be in charge of overall project. it is
a "military" project.
- there is only 1-WAY ticket, that is SUCCESS! ;)